Camp Norse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is A camp for Norse demigods

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Dragon's Amulet

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ThatCat
basic
ThatCat

The Dragon's Amulet  Empty
PostSubject: The Dragon's Amulet    The Dragon's Amulet  EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 12:44 am

A filthy blonde girl with wide gray eyes, stared back at me. Her clothes were tattered, a light leather brown coat that seemed once expensive, was now ruined with stains and rips all over.
That girl was me.
I stare at the reflection a little bit longer, before kneeling down, filling my half-gallon plastic bottle, with the lake water. I put a few drops of iodine, to disinfect the water, as I placed the bottle back into my green duffel bag.
I slung the bag over my shoulder, as I started hiking west of the lake. West of the lake, was a small log cabin, nestled deep in the forest of a mountain.
Before I knew it, I was standing in front of my current home.
"Shannon!" A young male voice yelled joyously from inside of the cabin.
I opened the door, glaring at a seven year old boy, with brown hair and green eyes. He looked nothing like me, although he was my little brother. He looked like the exact replica of our father..Which often brought painfully happy memories to me.
"Shhh," I hiss,"Do you want the Faers to catch us?"
The Faers were these monsters, who came about a year or so ago. Whoever the dark blobs had physical contact with, would make the poor victim disappear. I was guessing it was most likely to death. After that, what was left of humanity split into two.
The LoneHood ones, went cannibalistic, and often wore the teeth of their prey as accessories. I was a Daoir. Daoirs were people who just defended themselves, when needed to.
I don't think there are any Daiors left, except for me and Nate.
"Noooooo," Nate whispers back, "It's not like they're going to hear us here!"
I sigh, immediately giving up on lecturing him, about being quiet.
I placed the duffel bag on the carpeted floor, taking off my shoes.
"When are we going to move? I hate it here," Nate asks, peering at me, as if I knew all the answers. I was supposed to, since I was in charge and the older one.
"Nate, truthfully, I don't know," I say glumly. It was the nicest place we had ever took shelter to, and Nate still wasn't satisfied. I walk into the kitchen, taking the duffel bag with me. I placed the duffel bag on the wooden countertop. The kitchen had high ceilings, and had a eerie feeling to it. The thing that overall made the house seemingly haunted was the black and white photographs, and old furniture. I zipped open the duffel bag, taking out the water to give our German Shepherd who often was cooped up, upstairs, in the small bathroom. Defby preferred water from the lake than the water from the stone well that was settled right next to here. Secretly, I also liked the water from the lake, and often sipped a gulp or two before pouring a bowl for the dog.
"What are we having for dinner tonight, Shannon?" Nate asks eagerly, as he had followed me to the kitchen.
I placed a few edible plants on the table and a squirrel that I had managed to shoot with a gun. The gun that I used was a .22

SO, should I continue or no?
I'll give the summary of this story tomorrow.

Last edited by ThatCat on Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DI Dylan Alpha
Loki, Admin, Alpha Wolf
DI Dylan Alpha

PostSubject: Re: The Dragon's Amulet    The Dragon's Amulet  EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 12:55 am

Hmm Even though it should be explained a bit more I'm already liking the story. I think you should keep it up.
Back to top Go down
ThatCat
basic
ThatCat

PostSubject: Re: The Dragon's Amulet    The Dragon's Amulet  EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 8:38 pm

My dad gave me the gun. It was pretty special. Luckily, in this house, the previous owner had liked guns, and had bullets of all types. Also quite a quantity of guns.
"I wish Dad was here," Nate quietly says. Somehow, this hurt my feelings. Haven't I done everything, to make sure Nate was happy? I was the one who provided food, found shelter, and managed to find shelter. And Defby! I had to hunt for a useless dog, that doesn't provide. The dog itself dead would have been more useful, since then we'd be able to survive on the meat itself for about a week.
"I wish Dad was here too, Nate," I reply, feeling tears prick my eyes.
"So...are we having stew?" Nate tried to change the subject, obviously.
"Yeah," I started to skin the squirrel, finding the job absolutely repulsive.
"How about, tomorrow, we'll hike to the nearest town, and have some fun?" I suggest, throwing the unneeded things of the squirrel into the trash. I know it's dangerous to go into town, but the one I had explored a few weeks ago, seemed as if there was nothing there. I still had a few weapons, so I'd be able to fend off nearly anything.
"Really?!?!" Nate excitedly hugs me, and I found myself smiling.
"Yes, really," I say, as I continued to work on the stew. Chop a few plants here, throw it in the pot, then the squirrel.
"Do we have any firewood?" I suddenly ask, unsure if I had gathered any this morning.
"Well we only have a stick," Nate let go of me, his face etched with happiness.
I made an annoyed sound. It was nearly sunset, and now I had to go look for firewood.
"Play with Defby or something, I'll be back in about twenty or so minutes. Don't go outside," I tell him, as I emerge outside of the kitchen. I kneel down, and start tying on my shoes, and then put on my tattered jacket.
"And don't forget to give her the water. I think it's purified by now," I tell him, taking a black backpack that was his and the axe, before I left. I walked through the endless supply of trees, which was dotted with green. Even if it was close to summer, it was still cold up here in the mountain.
I was about a half a mile or so away from the house, a little bit of firewood filled up in Nate's pack, until I heard a scream. It was a child's scream, and unmistakably Nate's. There was no one else capable of making such a scream. I threw the bag off me, as I start running towards the house, not able to help myself even if this may have been a trap of the LoneHood ones or that the Faers had finally found us.
"Shannon!" Nate screamed again, as I was in view with the house again.
"Nate!" I shout back, as I saw Nate outside the house with two dark figures surrounding him.
That was the last time I said his name before he disappeared into thin air.
One of the two Faers dies before it had been able to do anything, as I threw my axe at it.
Blind with fear, I couldn't help but feel relentless anger. My only friend. My family. My companion was gone. I may as well be gone, weaponless. I start to turn the other way, running the opposite direction from the Faer. I wasn't fast enough, as I look over my shoulder, seeing it about to touch my shoulder. It did.
And all started turning black, as I felt a tear streak down my cheek. I'm dead now, was my last thought, before I gave into the darkness.

Chapter 2
"She looks like nothing," I hear a voice say.
"That's how you looked when you first came here!" A feminine voice argues back.
I let me eyes stay shut, shocked that I was still alive. Was I in a coma? Were the Faers all just part of my imagination?
"She's a wake!" A third voice hisses to the others.
"How do you know, Freak?" The first voice that I had heard since I was awake, snap.
"Her breathing changed, stupid," It was clear the two things, people, whatever they were, strongly dislike each other.
Since I was discovered, I decide to just open my eyes. I estimated about ten faces staring at me. They were people. Like me.
"Am I dead?" I ask bluntly, completely bewildered by this.
"No. You are in the Choosing Room. The Choosing Room is where the leaders of each faction, decide if they want to invite you, or decide to make you factionless," A small dark-skinned girl with chocolate-brown eyes, explains to me.
"Where are the Faers?" I felt stupid asking all these questions, but I need to know if this was still all real.
"Them? They do whatever they want. We're just their entertainment," The girl said again.
I need to remember something, but I couldn't just remember it. It was nagging me.
"Stop asking questions, it's time for us to choose," The male snaps at me, and I blink in surprise.
Factions? Entertainment? What was going on?
A chorus of murmurs filled the room.
No one wants me, even if I had no idea what was going on.
"I'll have her," The girl who had explained everything to me, spoke up.
"Have a fun time losing, stranger," The male told me, and everyone else snickered.
This was the Choosing? All they did was just judge me on how I look? I knew a whole lot more than my looks said about me, I thought feeling hurt.
"My name's Lily, and you are now decreed to be part of the Dragon Faction, where the fire never ends," She says, smiling warmly at me, as I try to stand up. She offers me her hand, and I took it, managing to finally stand up.
"I'm Shannon," I whisper, still wondering what was nagging my mind. It was as if I forgot something important...
"I'll explain everything to you as soon as we get out of the Choosing Room," Lily whispers into my ear, as she let go of me, as I was able to find balance. The rest of these leaders of the factions chatted among themselves, as we both start to walk out of the drab, gray, and small room.
Lily and I walk through a blue hallway, until both of us reach a door labelled 5E. Lily made a few grunts at the door, before it swung open by itself. Lily lead me into a huge beautiful room.

Thanks for the feedback! I promise everything will be explained by the next post! It's just I have to finish up my essay! xP
Back to top Go down
DCI Alpha Shan
Sif, Admin, Alpha Wolf
DCI Alpha Shan

PostSubject: Re: The Dragon's Amulet    The Dragon's Amulet  EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 9:04 pm

MY NAME! ♥
Back to top Go down
ThatCat
basic
ThatCat

PostSubject: Re: The Dragon's Amulet    The Dragon's Amulet  EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 4:42 pm

The room, it was breathtaking. The art, it constantly shifted into different poses, as if it were model posing for the camera, or it was just flitting around into different paintings, which was odd. Maybe it was holographic. Without the art, it would have made the room feel so bland, as often humongous rooms do. The art caught my eye, immediately, as these little dragons, flitted throughout the art. The silver scaled dragons were inside the paintings. I tore my eyes away from the beautiful art, as I notice there were wooden circular tables all over the room, before my eyes land onto a banquet full of food placed on a sleek metallic long table, with a long line lingering behind. Food. My stomach, grumbles, at the very thought. Only it didn't look like the food I ate before the Faers had come.
It has pears in the shade of purple, covered in a orange sauce, different shades of apples, and other types of foods that I didn't recognize.
"Amazing, isn't it?" Lily finally says, as I finally looked back at her, and had realized she was looking over at my reaction.
"What is this place?" I finally muster the courage to ask this Dragon Leader girl.
"While we're eating, I'll tell you," Lily tells me, before walking off. She turns around, and beckons for me to catch up. I walk up to her, and together we wait on line for food. They all looked normal...about my age.
I try to avoid Lily's constant staring at me, by looking at the beige-colored wall.
"How old are you? I'm thirteen," Lily cautiously says. I still wonder why she still won't explain to me this puzzling place. That how am I still alive?
"Um, I'm fourteen," I finally say, before thinking for a while. How come I couldn't remember my age that well?
"Can't you finally explain to me why I'm here?" I ask her, since the line barely even moved.
"Fine," Lily sighs, and I realize that she really didn't like this part of her job.
"There are ten factions. Dragon, Daemon, Fairy, Dwarf, Underwater, or just basically mermaids, Elf, Reaper, Nymph, Vampyre, and Shapeshift. These factions represent the main races in this world, Azgard. Elves, Dragons, Fairies, they're all real. You may know them as Faers, from Earth. The purpose of these factions, are that we basically are slaves, slaves for entertainment. Each faction is on their own, and has to train consistently, unless they are insane enough to welcome death. Since we're entertainment, we get a task. Any type of task, to be exact. We never know what kind of task there will be, it's just waiting there, whispering to us how we'll die. One of us dies. Factions' races thirst for our blood, to turn against each other, and to kill each other," Lily says glumly.
A shiver trickles down my back, realizing now why had all this luxury, judging from this dining room.
It wasn't because of the slight cold.
It was because we were being prepared for slaughter.

Last edited by ThatCat on Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DI Dylan Alpha
Loki, Admin, Alpha Wolf
DI Dylan Alpha

PostSubject: Re: The Dragon's Amulet    The Dragon's Amulet  EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 7:40 pm

Ok now I'm hooked. Post more soon ^_^
Back to top Go down
ThatCat
basic
ThatCat

PostSubject: Re: The Dragon's Amulet    The Dragon's Amulet  EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 9:24 pm

Oh thanks!!! I'll most likely will be posting every day, if I have the time, which I do, since I have no life. (:
Back to top Go down
ThatCat
basic
ThatCat

PostSubject: Re: The Dragon's Amulet    The Dragon's Amulet  EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 4:59 pm

Both of us stay quiet, until we final reach the table filled with food. Immediately, Lily took a silver colored can, and seemed to try to break it, like the way people break sticks.
Is she crazy? I immediately thought.
As soon as she did a jerking motion with the can, it turned into a tray full of food. Bread, chili, and a glass of blue..liquid, feeling disappointed in this. I look over at the others, seeing most did this, and didn't touch the food. Maybe it was dessert, I thought half-brokenheartedly.
I reach over to the grab the can, since Lily just starts walking away from me.
A hand slapped mine away, a looming figure glares at me, as I abruptly look at his face. I glare back, as I stand up straight.
"That's for older members, stupid," The boy angrily states.
He had brown hair, with dull green eyes, and tan skin.
"Then what should I eat?" I shoot back, my stomach loudly rumbling also in response.

Sorry I'm a little bit lazy with this, so I'll edit later. It's terrible, yes I know.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Dragon's Amulet    The Dragon's Amulet  Empty

Back to top Go down

The Dragon's Amulet
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Camp Norse :: To Start :: Fan Fictions-
Jump to: