Camp Norse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is A camp for Norse demigods

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Story: Mythological (A Frost Gril Chronical)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
DCI Alpha Shan
Sif, Admin, Alpha Wolf
DCI Alpha Shan

Story: Mythological (A Frost Gril Chronical) Empty
PostSubject: Story: Mythological (A Frost Gril Chronical)   Story: Mythological (A Frost Gril Chronical) EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 11:43 pm

I am Kaylin Carter.

I am sixteen years old. I have brown hair and green eyes. In fact, unusually green eyes. It doesn't help that my father is the God of mischief, fire and evil. Unlike my dear father, I am less complicated. I am a demigod. I was made from Asgardian Gold by the frost giants themselves. It was Loki's breath that brought me to life. He presented me to my mother and I was named Kaylin of the Frost. Mother thought it was too long so she just calls me Kaylin. It's weird to be called 'of the Frost' when you can summon flames to your fingers.

I am a secret away from Asgard. Everyday I meet people who I think could be like me... A demigod. But I am the only child of Loki. I see a blonde boy with bright blue eyes and I think, could he be a child of Thor? But it doesn't matter. No one can know about me. At least, no one from Asgard. And I can't exactly announce it to anyone either. I didn't tell my best friend Jay. He's always known about me. He only made the connections recently. He's the one person I can trust completely.

"KAY!" Jay yelled as he ran up and hugged me. Geez! He's been working out. He lifted me up this time. I'd been on holiday to Spain and he missed me, texting me and emailing me nonstop.

"JAY!" I smiled as he tackled me. He can't do that in my own house. But then he has his own key to my house... He hangs out with my mother more than I do.

We did our not-so-secret handshake and recited, "WE RHYME, YO!"

We fell about laughing and went to my kitchen. My little tabby kitten bounded up to Jay and pounced, claws out, onto his leg and tried to climb up him. Jay didn't mind. He liked my two cats. The kitten was named Thor and my other one is a slightly older cat I call Freya. I invaded the fridge.

"So... How was your stay in Spain?" Jay asked redundantly.

"You might as well have been with me," I grinned. "Apple juice?"

"You haven't got any left," Jay said. "There's some bucks fizz but your probably too jet-lagged-"

I popped the bottle open and found two glasses. "Are you forgetting where my father lives! You have to ride a freaking rainbow!"

"Good point," Jay laughed and took his glass.

I downed it in one and grinned at him.

"It's only a low percentage of alcohol," Jay laughed. "Don't tell me your drunk!"

I punched his arm and grinned. "No. But I met this girl on holiday who I think would suit you."

Jay sighed and looked sad. "Really? Tell me about her?"

"What's wrong?" I demanded.

"Nothing," he said and smiled at me. "I'm just thinking about my teenage years in Midgard."

I glared at him. "You only mention that word when your thinking about a certain someone. You must tell me who the heck she is one day!"

"It... doesn't matter," he sighed and walked out of my kitchen and up to my room. He spends more time there then I do. If I'm correct, when I go up there in five minutes, I'll catch him on my laptop, editing photos of us pair together. He's my best friend. And I love him for that.

Hours passed and we hooked my laptop up to the television, got changed into our jammies (don't you dare mock me!) and watched a film for a while. I love the X-Men. I can totally relate to them. But Jay and I snuggled up to each other and eventually we fell asleep.

It was one o'clock in the morning when I had the dream.

I recognised the gods instantly. There was great Allfather Odin with his eye patch thingy and beard. He looked kinda fatehrly... And there was Thor, god of thunder with his HUGE hammer. There were all the gods and goddesses. And there's Loki... My fa- My cre- I can't even call him those things! Ugh!

"And so call forth a champion," Odin was telling them all. "I call forth the demigod, Gerran Crowe, who hails from the great city of New York in the continent of America which lies in Midgard."

A few more were summoned. I counted forty eight names, the last one was called by the god Frey.

"I, Freyr, god of fertility, rain, sun, harvest and former ruler of the Vanir, Lord of the Elves of Alfheim, call forth Maria Jones, who hails from the fair city of Las Vegas in the continent of America which lies in Midgard."

Thor took a turn, assuming that he was the last. "I Thor, god of thunder, lightning, storms, oak trees, strength, the protection of mankind, and also hallowing, healing, and fertility, call forth Justin Knight of the great city Dublin in the fair and mythical land of Ireland in Midgard."

"And thus ends-" Odin started.

"Wait," Loki called forward. "I Loki, god of mischief, fire and evil, call forth my own demigod. I also wish to announce her presence in Midgard. Her name is Kaylin of the Frost. I call forth Kaylin of the Frost from the town of Sherman, Illinois, in the continent of America in Midgard."

There was an uproar amonsg the gods.

"SILENCE!" Allfather Odin boomed. He glared down at Loki. "I forbade you to have children, Loki."

"Yes, but she is something special. She was made of Asgardian Gold, forged in the forges of the frost giants and I used my own breath to bring her to life. She is Kaylin of the Frost."

Allfather Odin seemed think on it. He then nodded. "So be it. And so ends the calling of the demigods."

And then I felt a shock.

Last edited by Shannie on Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DCI Alpha Shan
Sif, Admin, Alpha Wolf
DCI Alpha Shan

Story: Mythological (A Frost Gril Chronical) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Story: Mythological (A Frost Gril Chronical)   Story: Mythological (A Frost Gril Chronical) EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 9:04 pm

Chapter 2:

There was a sound. And it vibrated throughout me. I felt like I was hardening. Yet softening at the same time. My head whirled and I felt sick. I shot upright, believing I was still in my room. Still in my room wearing my purple and white check jammie bottoms and my wine coloured shirt. I opened my eyes and looked down, refusing to believe what just happened. I knew exactly where I was. I was wearing armour. The most beautiful golden armour I've ever seen. And it fit perfectly.
"Hey, there's the last of them," a boys voice yelled and I heard footsteps. I saw the feet as they approached, covered by animal skin. Like a true Viking... "Hey. Stand and present yourself. I am Gerran, son of the Allfather Odin."
And I was forced to look up. "I am Kaylin. I, uh, don't know my parentage."
I know I lied but I can't tell anyone... If I so much as mention my... Yeah, well, I mention him, it means disaster.
"DEMIGODS!" a voice thundered. We all looked.
And I caught sight of Asgard. It was beautiful... It was all natural... Trees with leaves of gold, silver and ruby... Grass blades of amber and emerald... Every leaf, grass blade, flower, even the clouds... All a different shade from the last. And the water? It looked like every blue gemstone discovered and undiscovered put together to look like water. It was truly magnificent.
The voice continued. "YOU HAVE BEEN BROUGHT HERE FOR THE CENTENIAL ASGARDIAN GAMES. IF YOU SUCCEED, YOU WILL BE NAMED THE STRONGEST OF THE CHILDREN OF GODS!"
The gods appeared around us, a few sitting in trees, on the ground, standing, leaning, floating on water... Every way of being comfortable imaginable. And then the worst happened. My father (oh, gods! I said it!) was right beside Odin, looking like he wanted to spear the Allfather. I hoped he didn't. To fall into the Odin Sleep right now... would probably actually go into my favour... Hm.
"I CLAIM Gerran CROWE, SON OF ODIN, AS MY CHAMPION," Odin boomed.
Gerran looked around and a light ignited aboth him, bathing him in a golden glow.
"Very nice, father," Thor said like the butt-kisser he is. "I, Thor, claim Justin Knight, son of Thor, as my champion."
And so it went on, the same names, nearly the same order. Finally, I was the only one left without my name called and people had started to notice.
Wearing green and gold armour, my father stepped forward and searched the crowd for me. His eyes were a bloody golden colour. His chin and ears were pointed. My hand raised to my own ear. It wasn't pointed... When he spoke, I felt like I had been condemned to death by guinea pigs.
"I claim Kaylin of the Frost, daughter of Loki, as my champion," he said softly and the crowd around me parted.
I felt glares of daggers. My father had done some bad thing in the past. Mostly, these people knew of his heritage. How my father was born a frost giant. Viscious mutterings and confused murmurings broke out...
My father turned his back on us all and he, like many of the other gods, disappeared. Odin Allfather stood, Thor on one side of him. He looked at me, but not into my eyes, like I was scum.
"These games are perilous. Only the strongest demigods have been selected," Odin said and many eyes glared at me once again. "Or the only demigod as the case may be..."
The rest I knew... I knew from some weird part of my mind that was hardwired for this stuff. For the first time in a few weeks, I wondered if I even had a brain to think with. I don't try to overcomplicate things in my mind...
Odin left and we were herded by wind gods and taken towards a small village on the horizan. It wasn't as beautiful as the rest of Asgard but the cabins were beautiful. A golden cabin was obviously for Odin's son... Gerran looked pleased. Everyone seemed to know where their cabins were. I stood there, looking around. And I saw it.
It was plainly mine. It had fires hovering by the entrance in balls and the entrance was made of gold. the rest was black like charcoal and still beauutifully lit. I walked inside and gasped. So elegantly brutal. Weapons lined one of the walls. Fires were hovering around, warming the place up. And my bed was huge. It had a step-ladder just to get to the mattress. There were beautiful designs everywhere. Loki's painting stood over the fireplace, watching me as I walked around.
It had been made just for me.
And it creeped me out.
Back to top Go down

Story: Mythological (A Frost Gril Chronical)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Camp Norse :: To Start :: Fan Fictions-
Jump to: