Camp Norse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is A camp for Norse demigods

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Waterfall (Private)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Morgan Landry
Cabin counselor
Morgan Landry

Waterfall (Private) Empty
PostSubject: Waterfall (Private)   Waterfall (Private) EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 3:00 pm

Jason walked near the fresh stream of water. She was wearing, as always, her long black coat with the self-sewn skulls on the shoulders. She put the hoodie of the cap on her head and stopped, looking at the icy blue water.
It was splashing vividly, and some droplets fell on her. She knelt on the side of the river and put a hand in the water. It was freezing cold, but she enjoyed it.
Back to top Go down
Zdude140
Cabin counselor
Zdude140

Location : On a dragon, flying around the world with a magic computer.

PostSubject: Re: Waterfall (Private)   Waterfall (Private) EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 3:11 pm

"Ha! And you think you'll win?" Zack managed to get out. He swung his sword at the tree with the sword in his left hand vertically, and the sword in his right hand in the opposite direction. The swords were stuck in the tree, but as he had been training for a bit, the tree was about to fall over. He quickly took his swords out and jumped out of the way. The tree leaned to place he was just standing, and made a nice, loud crash. Zack wiped the sweat from his brow.

"Nothing like a good workout." He said, heading to the waterfall. He dipped his head in it, letting the water cover his body. He got out, and flipped his hair back. He looked to the left to see a girl not too far away.

"Hello." Zack said, getting up.
Back to top Go down
Morgan Landry
Cabin counselor
Morgan Landry

PostSubject: Re: Waterfall (Private)   Waterfall (Private) EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 3:13 pm

Jason slowly turned her head to look at the boy. Her eyes went from him to the tree he had butchered.

- You've been enjoying yourself, I see, she said after a while, returning her gaze to the water.
Back to top Go down
Zdude140
Cabin counselor
Zdude140

PostSubject: Re: Waterfall (Private)   Waterfall (Private) EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 3:19 pm

"I guess so." Zack smiled. He stretched his sore muscles.

"What's your name?" Zack asked, looking at her.
Back to top Go down
Morgan Landry
Cabin counselor
Morgan Landry

PostSubject: Re: Waterfall (Private)   Waterfall (Private) EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 3:22 pm

"Jason." she whispered. Right, she thought, now he's gonna act like all the others: Oh, but Jason's a guys name! Hahahaa!
Aha-ha-ha, she laughed to herself. 'Twas the funniest thing I've ever heard.
If he tells me that, Imma kill him.
Back to top Go down
Zdude140
Cabin counselor
Zdude140

PostSubject: Re: Waterfall (Private)   Waterfall (Private) EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 3:29 pm

Jason? that's a guys name! Hahahaha!

Sush.

"Pleasure to meet you, Jason." Zack smiled and bowed low. "I am Zachary, son of Thor." He said, looking around to show her. There was a good sized branch a couple of meters away. He shot a bolt of lightning at it, making it fall down.
Back to top Go down
Morgan Landry
Cabin counselor
Morgan Landry

PostSubject: Re: Waterfall (Private)   Waterfall (Private) EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 3:32 pm

She looked at the burnt wood, not impressed at all. What impressed her was that he hadn't made fun of her. And that was incredible.

- I'm daughter of Hel, she said, smirking badly, baring her teeth. I would love to show you, but since you didn't make fun of me, I'll let you live a bit longer.

Her smile got slightly more friendly. Slightly.
Back to top Go down
Zdude140
Cabin counselor
Zdude140

PostSubject: Re: Waterfall (Private)   Waterfall (Private) EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 3:40 pm

Zack laughed. "That was good," He smiled. "But I take that as a challenge. Do you wish to duel?" He asked, looking into her eyes.
Back to top Go down
Morgan Landry
Cabin counselor
Morgan Landry

PostSubject: Re: Waterfall (Private)   Waterfall (Private) EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 3:43 pm

Jason shrugged.

- Why would I? I mean, I have no reason. You didn't offend me in any possible way.

She put a hand in the pocket of her black trousers, under her coat, and started toying with Reiði, her USB-stick/ dagger.
Back to top Go down
Zdude140
Cabin counselor
Zdude140

PostSubject: Re: Waterfall (Private)   Waterfall (Private) EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 3:51 pm

"I find it an wonderful way to talk to someone," Zack smirked. He was still breathing heavy. He took a drink of water from the waterfall.

"So, Jason, how long have you been here?" He asked, relaxing.
Back to top Go down
Morgan Landry
Cabin counselor
Morgan Landry

PostSubject: Re: Waterfall (Private)   Waterfall (Private) EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 3:55 pm

- 'Arrived last week, she mumbled absent-mindedly. Seems a whole awful lot more, but whatever....

She took some water in her hand and sipped it.
Back to top Go down
Zdude140
Cabin counselor
Zdude140

PostSubject: Re: Waterfall (Private)   Waterfall (Private) EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 4:19 pm

"Ah. I've been here for 4 years. I'll never forget my first couple of days. What an interesting bunch they were." He smiled, remembering them. He was bewildered when he came here, but he quickly adapted to the place.

"But enough of my past, how are you liking it here?" Zack inquired, putting his two swords in their scabbards.
Back to top Go down
Morgan Landry
Cabin counselor
Morgan Landry

PostSubject: Re: Waterfall (Private)   Waterfall (Private) EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 4:33 pm

- Pretty... exciting, she said, still looking at the water. I finally feel like I'm home. And I'm far away from my "family". That's great.

She realized she just had spoken of a personal matter. Something she usually never did with people she had just met. Something she never did, actually.
Jason looked away, rather confused.
Was she gonna have a friend? Now, a real one?
Back to top Go down
Zdude140
Cabin counselor
Zdude140

PostSubject: Re: Waterfall (Private)   Waterfall (Private) EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 4:48 pm

"Ah, I see," Zack bowed his head a bit.

"Never entirely got along with my family either." He said. His mom had a lot of different opinions than him and his step dad was the same.

"I feel at home here too. A dysfunctional one, but a nice home nonetheless." He nodded, taking the last of his heavy breaths.
Back to top Go down
Morgan Landry
Cabin counselor
Morgan Landry

PostSubject: Re: Waterfall (Private)   Waterfall (Private) EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 4:55 pm

Jason just kept watching at the waterfall.

- It's odd to find someone who's a bit like me, she said, not knowing if she was speaking with Zack or with herself.

She eventually looked at the boy. She guessed he didn't see much of her face because of the shadow her coat's hoodie was casting on her visage, but she didn't mind.

- Since you've been here for four years, I guess you have a lot of friends, don't you?

Back to top Go down
Zdude140
Cabin counselor
Zdude140

PostSubject: Re: Waterfall (Private)   Waterfall (Private) EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 5:16 pm

"Not many. I'm generally to myself," He said. "I do fight often. That clears my mind for some reason." He added. Zack stretched his arms again, and shook his head like a dog to help his hair dry. He looked at the mist the waterfall was making and noticed a rainbow.

"Bridge to the gods, right?" He laughed.
Back to top Go down
Morgan Landry
Cabin counselor
Morgan Landry

PostSubject: Re: Waterfall (Private)   Waterfall (Private) EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 5:20 pm

Jason looked up.

- Yeah, she said. It's called Bifröst. It's gonna be destroyed by Surt and Muspell's sons at Ragnarök.

She shuddered.

- I hope I'll be at my mother's until then.

She frowned.

- Well, technically, it doesn't matter, since my mother is gonna fight with the dead at Ragnarök, so I'll be there anyway.

The idea sort of made her sad. She had hoped for a peaceful death. Another idea stroked her mind. If she was to be killed at Ragnarök, where would she go at? Was there a realm for the dead dead?
Back to top Go down
Zdude140
Cabin counselor
Zdude140

PostSubject: Re: Waterfall (Private)   Waterfall (Private) EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 5:25 pm

"At least your mom dies better than my dad, Thor just fights a great serpent and dies nine steps afterward. Must be pretty depressing to know how you're going to die either way." He smiled.

"Have you met your mom before?" He questioned.
Back to top Go down
Morgan Landry
Cabin counselor
Morgan Landry

PostSubject: Re: Waterfall (Private)   Waterfall (Private) EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 5:20 am

Jason shook her head.

- Never. But I kind of feel her presence, sometimes....

What she wasn't going to say to Zack was that she felt her presence in cemeteries and waterfalls... And that she often looked them up because of that.

- And you? Did you ever meet your dad?
Back to top Go down
Zdude140
Cabin counselor
Zdude140

PostSubject: Re: Waterfall (Private)   Waterfall (Private) EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 2:26 pm

"I met him once. Although he didn't necessarily ignore me, all he said was 'You're doing a good job, son.' I think he says that to every one of his kids, it's probably on his cue cards." He smiled.

"The only time I feel his presence is when there's a large thunderstorm. Which doesn't really happen too often." He added.
Back to top Go down
Zane
Cabin counselor
Zane

PostSubject: Re: Waterfall (Private)   Waterfall (Private) EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 4:10 pm

OOC : When did Zack enter this topic? Cause he can't just come out of nowhere, unless he was in the topic River of Aegir.
Back to top Go down
Zdude140
Cabin counselor
Zdude140

PostSubject: Re: Waterfall (Private)   Waterfall (Private) EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 7:53 pm

OOC: It was my first post with Zack, so by that logic no matter where I posted I would have come out of no where.
Back to top Go down
Morgan Landry
Cabin counselor
Morgan Landry

PostSubject: Re: Waterfall (Private)   Waterfall (Private) EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 3:23 pm

Jason kept watching the water thoughtfully, but listening to Zachary nonetheless. She was imagining her mother, half beautiful woman, half rotting corpse. In the liquid cold, she was feeling her presence.
She didn't know if she wanted to meet her mother. If she was to see her real face, she might just want to run away. But she didn't care, she realized. What she wanted was that her real mother, who was in fact the only one she considered her family, payed attention to her and was looking after her.
Jason put a hand out and delicately stroked the water.

- It's beautiful, isn't it? she whispered.
Back to top Go down
Zdude140
Cabin counselor
Zdude140

PostSubject: Re: Waterfall (Private)   Waterfall (Private) EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 3:57 pm

"I have to agree." Zack said, nodding to the water. "It has a certain...aura to it. A calming one. It knows where it's going, It's been here before. It flows gently, yet with a passion. It waits for it's end, then once reaching it, evaporates, and goes somewhere else. To look at it is witnessing thousands of years of traveling, experience, and wisdom." He said, now knowing he was speaking too much.
Back to top Go down
Morgan Landry
Cabin counselor
Morgan Landry

PostSubject: Re: Waterfall (Private)   Waterfall (Private) EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 4:00 pm

Jason eyed Zachary. It was odd to meet someone like him.

- You're the strangest demigod I have met here, she said. Not that I've met alot, but you're really different. In a positive way.
Back to top Go down
Zdude140
Cabin counselor
Zdude140

PostSubject: Re: Waterfall (Private)   Waterfall (Private) EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 4:36 pm

Zack smiled. It made him feel better about himself, but he didn't want it to show.

"Thank you, my dear." He bowed a bit. "I haven't really met another who thought that about me, but that hardly matters." He smirked.
Back to top Go down
Morgan Landry
Cabin counselor
Morgan Landry

PostSubject: Re: Waterfall (Private)   Waterfall (Private) EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 1:33 am

Jason's eye widened a bit, but under her hoodie, Zack couldn't see it.
My dear? My dear? What the hell was he talking about?
She looked in the opposite direction, where the cabins were.

- I should be going, she said.
Back to top Go down
Zdude140
Cabin counselor
Zdude140

PostSubject: Re: Waterfall (Private)   Waterfall (Private) EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 3:48 pm

"Alright," Zack said, now bowing low. "I'll see you when I see you, then." He said. He planned on staying here, perhaps have a swim in the icy water or destroy another tree.
Back to top Go down
Morgan Landry
Cabin counselor
Morgan Landry

PostSubject: Re: Waterfall (Private)   Waterfall (Private) EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 3:57 pm

Jason nodded at Zachary, then took out a small leather bottle and put it under the icy cold waterfall. She did it by every possible waterfall she came across.
By doing so, she had the impression of taking her mother's presence with her, it kind of soothed her; when she was angry, she would just take the bottle out and put a finger inside it.
Jas closed the bottle and was about to leave, when something beneath her foot gave way.
A piece of earth sunk a bit in, and Jason lost her balance. She splashed into the cold water.
For the first ten seconds; she was dashed about in the stream of water. She didn't feel anything apart from the cold.
This painful cold.
Mother! she prayed aloud.
Jason had lost any sense for orientation. She couldn't say where up and down was, nor left and right.
And now she was needing air.
She tried to swim, but she was argain jerked about. For one second, she was at the surface and breathed some air, but she immediately went down again.
Back to top Go down
Zdude140
Cabin counselor
Zdude140

PostSubject: Re: Waterfall (Private)   Waterfall (Private) EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 4:35 pm

Damn. He thought, throwing down his swords and their scabbards and diving into the water. The cold welcomed him, as he had been here a long while he got used to the freezing temperatures of the river. He seen where Jason was, and with the current helping him he caught up. He swiftly grabbed her arm and brought her to the river bank.

"You alright?" He said, heavily breathing.
Back to top Go down
Morgan Landry
Cabin counselor
Morgan Landry

PostSubject: Re: Waterfall (Private)   Waterfall (Private) EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 4:42 pm

Jason spent the first thirty seconds gasping for air, holding the grass and Zack's arm tightly. She eventually managed to get out of the river and remained lying on the ground, breathing heavily and coughing water.
She rolled on her back and took her hoodie off. Her black hair was cleaving to her wet face and she took the strains out of her eyes, putting them behind her ears.

- Thanks, she managed to say after a while.

She slowly got up, got hold of a tree and looked back at Zachary.

- Thanks, she said again.
Back to top Go down
Zdude140
Cabin counselor
Zdude140

PostSubject: Re: Waterfall (Private)   Waterfall (Private) EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 5:46 pm

Zack smiled. "Don't mention it." He said, smiling a bit wider. She looked quite lovely, her blue eyes clashed well with her black hair. He took the last of his heavy breaths and ran his hand through his wet hair.

"Well, that was fun." He said.
Back to top Go down
Morgan Landry
Cabin counselor
Morgan Landry

PostSubject: Re: Waterfall (Private)   Waterfall (Private) EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 2:40 pm

- Fun? she asked. Well, yeah, for you perhaps. I don't find drowning "fun", I don't want to join my mother that early.

She shuddered and realized her wet clothes were sticking to her bony body, revealing the forms underneath.
Jason quickly closed her coat.

- Well, see you then, she said, putting her hoodie back on.

Her face hidden, she strode off, heading towards the cabins.
Back to top Go down
Zdude140
Cabin counselor
Zdude140

PostSubject: Re: Waterfall (Private)   Waterfall (Private) EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 5:06 pm

"I didn't mean it like that..." He mumbled, though to himself, as Jason had already walked off towards the cabin.

"Bye!" Zack said and waved his hand to her.

"You idiot! Watch your words." He said to himself in an irritated tone.

"As if it's my fault." He replied back defensively.

"Watch it. Do something constructive."

Zack went back to cutting down trees and talking to himself. This was his way of thinking.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Waterfall (Private)   Waterfall (Private) Empty

Back to top Go down

Waterfall (Private)
Page 1 of 1