Camp Norse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is A camp for Norse demigods

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The forest, yo. (Private)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Zdude140
Cabin counselor
Zdude140

Location : On a dragon, flying around the world with a magic computer.

The forest, yo. (Private) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The forest, yo. (Private)   The forest, yo. (Private) - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 3:40 pm

"That sounds reasonable. My one and only dream is to die happy. Meeting my father makes no difference to me. I want to die in battle, fighting for something worth fighting for. That will make me die happy for certain." He told her, though seriously, loosing the smile he had on.

"Oh, and you fight? What type of martial arts do you prefer to fight with, although I can guess you mix and match." He inquired, sounding interested and regaining his smile.
Back to top Go down
Morgan Landry
Cabin counselor
Morgan Landry

PostSubject: Re: The forest, yo. (Private)   The forest, yo. (Private) - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 3:52 pm

- You're right, Isana said, when I fight, it's kind of a patchwork of all the things I know, like AiKiDo, TaeKwonDo, Judo, Karate, and yeah, even dancing. Dancing helps alot in battle, I know it might sound weird, but it really does. It gives your moves more fluidity.

She noticed he had lost his smile.

- But I have to say, your dream is quite strange. In a positive way, I mean. When I ask most people about their dreams, it's more of a "Well, I'd like a home cinema, plenty of money, alot of girls, a new car", superficial things like that.

Isana met his eye.

- It's a very wise one, she finally said.
Back to top Go down
Zdude140
Cabin counselor
Zdude140

PostSubject: Re: The forest, yo. (Private)   The forest, yo. (Private) - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 4:26 pm

"Dance, that is rather interesting. I wouldn't have thought about it so much as a fighting style, but I can see why it would help." He nodded, stroking his chin. He nodded again. "Yes." He repeated. He thought dancing would help him too. Even more so since he used two swords, something that needed to be rather fluid unless you wanted to be banging your swords together. Perhaps he was already a good dancer but didn't know? He shook his head.

"Oh, and I think a lot," Zack smiled at her, "Thank you, though." He bowed again.
Back to top Go down
Morgan Landry
Cabin counselor
Morgan Landry

PostSubject: Re: The forest, yo. (Private)   The forest, yo. (Private) - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 4:39 pm

Isana looked at her watch.

- I'd love to stay with you, she said, but I have to go back. I have loads of stuff to do, especially Seidhr (she raised her bag to show him).
Back to top Go down
Zdude140
Cabin counselor
Zdude140

PostSubject: Re: The forest, yo. (Private)   The forest, yo. (Private) - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 4:52 pm

Zack nodded, "Right, right." He agreed. "Thank you for the lovely conversation, my dear. I hope to be meeting you again soon. Well...actually...is it okay if I were to accompany you? Or is it a thing where you need total concentration?" He asked her, though hoping he could, wasn't exactly planning that he could. If he couldn't he would go back to training. He had enough thinking time, and now it was time to tone his body.
Back to top Go down
Morgan Landry
Cabin counselor
Morgan Landry

PostSubject: Re: The forest, yo. (Private)   The forest, yo. (Private) - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 4:56 pm

- You can accompany me back to my cabin, if you wish, but then it would be better you leave, she shrugged. I mean, Seidhr isn't for boys. And it would be a waste if such a manly guy like you were to become "girly".

She headed off, out of the forest, not checking if he was following her or not.
Back to top Go down
Zdude140
Cabin counselor
Zdude140

PostSubject: Re: The forest, yo. (Private)   The forest, yo. (Private) - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 6:09 pm

Girly was a useless word to Zack. To be called girly was to be called the opposite of a man. What was a man? Nothing but a bunch of cultural things you had to uphold. You were a man if you had an X and a Y chromosome. There is no need to classify a man any differently. Saying the words 'Manly' and 'Girly' is absolutely idiotic.

He looked at the callipygous figure, smiled, but decided not to follow her. After a moment of basking in the forest, he left.
Back to top Go down
Morgan Landry
Cabin counselor
Morgan Landry

PostSubject: Re: The forest, yo. (Private)   The forest, yo. (Private) - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 12:35 am

OOC: Callipygous??? XDDD
And yeah, because I can't stay silent as soon we speak of scientific things, you're a man when you have the SRY gene and the TDF protein that are activated.
If not, even if you have one X and one Y chromosome, you are a girl.
Back to top Go down
Zdude140
Cabin counselor
Zdude140

PostSubject: Re: The forest, yo. (Private)   The forest, yo. (Private) - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 2:22 pm

OOC: Mind=blown.

You...you...can have...an x and a y....and....still be a girl? I DON'T UNDERSTAND ANYTHING ANYMORE.
Back to top Go down
Morgan Landry
Cabin counselor
Morgan Landry

PostSubject: Re: The forest, yo. (Private)   The forest, yo. (Private) - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 2:35 pm

OOC: Of course you can.
So I'll say what I remember of my biology lessons.
There's a gene on the Y chromosome called SRY (Sex-determining region of Y chromosome). During the first 7-8 months, the baby is genetically determined, but then it'll be phenotypically determined.
SRY synthesizes the TDF protein (Testis-determining factor), that itself activates several other proteins that lead to the differentiation of the undetermined gonad into a determined male gonad.
But it sometimes happens the SRY gene or the TDF protein are defect and fail to activate the other genes.
And when these genes are absent, the gonad differentiates into a determined female gonad.
It's the same result as if you hadn't any SRY gene or TDF protein.

So that was for the biology part.

To confuse you more, you can be a boy and have two X chromosomes.
You can have caryotypes like XXY, XXXY.

Ah now, I'll stop confusing you XDD
Back to top Go down
Zdude140
Cabin counselor
Zdude140

PostSubject: Re: The forest, yo. (Private)   The forest, yo. (Private) - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 2:47 pm

OOC: The second part wasn't more confusing, I knew that. I understand the whole concept, it was just something I didn't know. With the proteins and all.

Hahaha....dangly parts.
Back to top Go down
Morgan Landry
Cabin counselor
Morgan Landry

PostSubject: Re: The forest, yo. (Private)   The forest, yo. (Private) - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 2:50 pm

OOC: XD you said it! *Morgan the bio teacher leaves the classroom*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The forest, yo. (Private)   The forest, yo. (Private) - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

The forest, yo. (Private)
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3